The Machinist Custom Choices Worksite Benefits program has offered IAM Represented employees additional financial security since 1997. Benefits offered include: Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Disability Income, Accident, and Cancer Insurance.
- No member is denied coverage! All insurance products are guaranteed issue for members during their initial year of eligibility.
- Benefits paid from these policies do not coordinate with the company provided benefits and are paid in addition to any benefits provided by the company’s plans.
- All policies, except disability, are fully portable with no change in benefits or cost.
- Available to family members.
- Individually owned – lifetime benefits.
- Strike Waiver of Premium provision on all plans.
- Premiums collected through payroll deduction.
- Members who participate during their first year of eligibility are guaranteed future increases in coverage regardless of their health.
- Cost of life insurance will never go up and death benefit will never go down.
- Policies are available for member, spouse, dependent children and grandchildren. Member need not apply in order to cover other family members.
Catastrophic Loss Rider
- Members select a benefit amount of $1,000, $2,000, or $3,000 per month.
- Benefits begin 90 days following the loss of 2 activities of daily living (bathing, toileting, transferring, dressing, eating, and continence).
- Benefits are paid for 1, 2 or 3 years.
Critical Illness Insurance
- Benefits paid directly to the insured upon diagnosis of heart attack, stroke, cancer, organ transplant, and/or end stage renal failure.
- Member coverage of $15,000, $25,000, or $50,000.
- Up to $25,000 benefit available to members on a guaranteed issue basis.
- Dependent children covered at no additional cost.
- Member may also apply for coverage on their spouse.
- Additional occurrence and reoccurrence benefits.
- Health screening benefit of $50 per year.
- 24 hour coverage for accidents that occur on or off the job.
- $350 Emergency Room benefit.
- $1,000 plus $250 per day hospital admission benefit.
- Up to $50,000 accidental death benefit.
- Additional benefits for transportation, lodging, dismemberment, common accidental injuries, and follow-up care.
- Benefits paid for disabling accidents or illnesses that occur off the job.
- Members choose a benefit amount from $300 to $3,000 per month.
- Tax-free benefits begin after 6 months of disability, and are payable for up to 5 years.
(Please refer to Marketing Brochures for more detail.)